You, yes, you can become a pattern tester for Christine Jonson Patterns
Pattern testers sew a sample of a new pattern in their own size, helping us fine tune the instructions, the downloadable pattern files and provide us with sample images to use in our marketing. In exchange, you get the pattern, for free!
Our pattern testers:
- Receive a PDF copy in either letter or A4 paper size (or copy shop format)
- Sew the garment in a two-week period of time in the fabric of your choice (recommended fabric type only)
- Have yourself photographed (or photograph yourself), preferably outdoors, with good lighting and include 2-3 views (front, side front and back). See our blog post on how to take fashion photos of yourself (or have others take them of you.) Provide these digital images to us via e-mail for use in our marketing.
- Provide an objective review at PatternReview.com, a blog post review if you have your own blog, a post on your own Instagram (with hashtags we will provide) and a post on our private Facebook group*
What we look for in our pattern testers:
- Be active on Social media such as Instagram, Facebook group, not just during the review period)
- Diversity in body type, shape, size and ethnicity - we want everyone from a 4 to a 22 sewing our patterns and we want to celebrate everyone that sews Christine Jonson Patterns!
- Beginner to intermediate sewists are encouraged to apply.
*All testers should abide by good community standards and present positive comments and engagement with their fellow sewists on the Christine Jonson Facebook group.
Send three photos of yourself in Christine Jonson Patterns you have made in the last 3 years, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Christine Jonson Pattern Tester" and tell us why you want to be a Christine Jonson Pattern Tester.
If you have not sewn a Christine Jonson Pattern before, you may submit three other patterns you have sewn from other designers. Plus size, junior (XS) and teen sewists are encouraged to apply!