Nothing says summer more than bare shoulders in the sunshine! A strapless bandeau jumpsuit is a hot item for summer this year, and we're going to show you how to make one!
You'll need about 3 yards of stretch knit fabric like rayon/lycra. The example photos show linen and stretch shimmery satin fabric (also options for this jumpsuit.)
There are just a few simple steps to create this:
- We'll be working with the Christine Jonson Taper and Wide Leg Pant, designed for knit fabrics (link below)
- You'll take some measurements of your high bust to draw the bandeau top of the jumpsuit
- You'll sew the bandeau top to the waistband of the pants and create a clever elastic casing for the waistband at the same time
- You can use either skinny or wide leg. If you make the skinny leg, fold over a casing instead of a hem, put elastic in side and wear them slightly above the ankle!
- This is a beginner-level project
Because Google doesn't like duplicate content: instructions are on our Social Media Evangelist's blog and are linked here:
Gorgeous, elegant, comfortable as pajamas! Go glam with layered necklaces and jeweled sandals. Go casual with neutral woven or buckled sandals. Wear it under a draped vest or jacket. Pull it on over a swimsuit after the beach or pool.
Here's the pattern we used. The bandeau top you will draw as you make this project!