Nothing says summer more than bare shoulders in the sunshine! A strapless bandeau jumpsuit is a hot item for summer this year, and we're going to show you how to make one!
You'll need about 3 yards of stretch knit fabric like rayon/lycra. The example photos show linen and stretch shimmery satin fabric (also options for this jumpsuit.)
There are just a few simple steps to create this:
- We'll be working with the Christine Jonson Taper and Wide Leg Pant, designed for knit fabrics (link below)
- You'll take some measurements of your high bust to draw the bandeau top of the jumpsuit
- You'll sew the bandeau top to the waistband of the pants and create a clever elastic casing for the waistband at the same time
- You can use either skinny or wide leg. If you make the skinny leg, fold over a casing instead of a hem, put elastic in side and wear them slightly above the ankle!
- This is a beginner-level project
Our Social Media & Customer Service Evangelist Ann has this posted on her blog here
Gorgeous, elegant, comfortable as pajamas! Go glam with layered necklaces and jeweled sandals. Go casual with neutral woven or buckled sandals. Wear it under a draped vest or jacket. Pull it on over a swimsuit after the beach or pool.
Here's the pattern we used. The bandeau top you will draw as you make this project!